What is FeedbackFruits?
FeedbackFruits is an assessment and feedback tool suite that provides the ability to build engaging assessment and learning activities. FeedbackFruits is integrated with Moodle and can be used to build formative or summative Assignments – for individual or group submissions, or for peer assessment or group member review. FeedbackFruits can utilise Moodle groups and store grades in the Moodle gradebook. In total there are 15 tools to try.
The range of tools can be used in a variety of ways – as stand-alone activities or as part of a combined series of tasks. Examples of some common pedagogical approaches can be seen in a series of ‘learner journeys‘ compiled by the FeedbackFruits team.
Authentic assessment and peer feedback
- Peer Review
- Group Member Evaluation
- Automated Feedback
- Assignment Review
- Skill Review
- Self Assessment
Collaborative learning and social annotation
- Interactive Document
- Interactive Video
- Interactive Audio
Engagement and interaction
- Discussion on Work
- Discussion on Topic
- Interactive Presentation
- Team Based Learning
University of Bath staff (during an initial pilot in Semester 2, 2022/3) used FeedbackFruits in the following ways.
- Peer review – allowing PGT students to submit draft coursework for feedback by their peers before moving onto final submission
- Group member review – allowing UG students, following a group project, to review their teammates’ perfomance during the task
- Peer review – allowing UG students to review their peers against a pre-defined rubric to support understanding of assessment criteria
All the tools have these features in common.
- Ease of copying assignments for reuse
- Suitable for synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Student reflection
- Configurable grading
- Student anonymity
- Student progress visualisations (learning analytics)