201: WHWN Introduction and information – Senior Fellow/Principal Fellow HEA
Highly recommended for:
• Colleagues already holding FHEA
• Colleagues with several years of HE Teaching experience now leading/ developing teams /colleagues, units and programmes of study
• Colleagues whose role is the management and support of academics with regards to their teaching practice.
This session is for you if you:
are teaching and supporting learning and feel you have enough experience to make a claim for HEA Senior Fellow or Principal Fellowship (see pen portraits and FAQs on the CLT Hub); and complete the AHE Fellowship Category tool.
want to get your Senior/Principal Fellow application started.
This session will comprise a brief recap on the application format and process for making a Senior/Principal Fellow application/claim. The rest of the session will involve some workshop activities to explore the evidence you need to make a successful claim and ideas for structuring your application. There will also be chance to discuss what your case studies might focus on.
If you cannot make this session but are keen to progress your Senior Fellow Claim. Please:
1. Look at the support videos for SF on the hub. There are also videos on the UKPSF, PSF 2023,reflective writing and using the literature (aimed at FHEA but still useful) here.
2. Talk to your department HEA Champion to find support within the department and get registered for the Experienced Pathway Moodle page
3. Book to attend WHWN to discuss your claim (if possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in SFHEA)
4. 4 if you are particularly thinking of applying for Principal Fellowship then you may wish to have an initial chat with Paul Chin.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
• know what you need to do and how you go about making a Senior Fellow or Principal Fellow application.
• have explored the types of evidence needed for the application.
• have developed your ideas from your practice and started scoping out your application.
• have received answers to questions to move your application forward.
• Be aware of 2023 PSF