Join the CLT for a tea break virtual drop-in
Over the coming weeks, we will schedule a series of virtual drop-in sessions . Each week we will focus on topics that reflect frequently asked questions to the team.
These short sessions are targeted basic quick-start introductions and demos for staff on key issues and online technologies, with an opportunity to ask questions throughout on the chat and a Q&A at the end.
Using Microsoft Teams to communicate with students
Tuesday 31st March & Thursday 2nd April: 11.00-11.30
This will cover:
- How does Teams work alongside other University systems such as Moodle and Re:View?
- How to set up a Team with my students
- I've set up a Team - what next?
- Bitesize tips
- Audience Q&A
Use the links below to join the meeting
So we can cater for this session and to inform planning next week's topics, please fill in this short questionnaire. We will be looking at other areas and tools next week.
- Tuesday 31st March 11.00-11.30am - Using Microsoft Teams to communicate with students
- Thursday 2nd April 11:00-11.30am - Using Microsoft Teams to communicate with students
Coming soon: University of Bath staff share their Moving Teaching Online success stories - date TBC.
Watch this space for future virtual drop in sessions
Sharing video resources through Panopto
Thursday 26th March: 11.00am
- An overview of the Re:View (Panopto) system.
- I've made a recording - where should I upload it to and how?
- How do I share existing recordings with other staff and students?
- An introduction to the student assignment folder.
|Thurs 26/03/20||Sharing video resources through Panopto||Presentation Slides||Recording [40:36] (jump to Audience Questions from 22:19)|
Recording presentations from your computer
24-25th March 2020: 11.00am
- Advantages of pre-recording material and example use cases
- Live demo of how to record using Panopto Desktop Recorder and Powerpoint narration.
- Audience Q&A
|Tues 24/03/20||Recording presentations from your computer||Presentation Slides||Recording [31:19] (jump to Audience Questions from 28:44)|
|Weds 25/03/20||Recording presentations from your computer||Presentation Slides||Recording [26:05]|
Introduction to Teams Meetings (online)
18-20th March 2020: 11.00am
- Understand the pros/cons of asynchronous vs synchronous working and teaching through some example use cases
- Know what is possible in a Teams Meeting and where to access guidance
- Know the best way to setup a Teams Meeting
- Ask a Learning Technologist a question.
|Weds 18/03/20||Introduction to Teams Meetings (online)||Presentation Slides||Recording [44:11] (jump to Audience Questions from 25:57)|
|Thurs 19/03/20||Introduction to Teams Meetings (online)||Presentation Slides||Recording [38:29] (jump to Audience Questions from 22:44)|
|Fri 20/03/20||Introduction to Teams Meetings (online)||Presentation Slides||Recording [53:41] (jump to Audience Questions from 25:11)|
Keeping up to date
Please see our Teaching Online: Options and Considerations page for general guidance and advice, email email@example.com for specific course or pedagogical questions and stay in touch with other staff in the TEL Community of Practice.