Please see the video below for an overview of the tool.
- Visit https://jisc.potential.ly/ to log in using your University credentials.
- This 2 minute video demonstrates how to log in for the first time (log in with your University of Bath credentials to view the video)
- If you need further instructions this step-by-step guide will help you to log into the Discovery Tool.
The discovery tool is highlighted by the arrow in the screenshot below. The question bank on the left-hand menu provides additional optional question sets specifically for: HE teaching staff, library staff, and for accessibility & inclusion. You are welcome to complete these too if they are appropriate for your role.
Please note: The discovery tool does not work when using the Internet Explorer browser.
It should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete the discovery tool self-audit, but you may wish to take time to navigate around the site the access the free resources or other question sets.
No, you are the only person who can see your report. A small number of people have access to institutional data but this is anonymised and only provides an overview of the responses.
- Reflect on your report. What are your areas of strength and areas for development?
- Access the free resources within the discovery tool to begin to work on areas identified in the report.
- You may wish to informally discuss your results with colleagues or line manager- are there areas that need support across your department/Faculty/School? Could you seek out further training opportunities?
- In several months’ time, re-take the discovery tool self-audit. How do the results compare to the first time you completed it?
- Look out for more information about enhancing your digital skills later in the year.