Supervising doctoral studies
“The supervision of doctoral candidates is becoming ever more complex and challenging... this programme supports supervisors to effectively undertake their roles, to enhance the quality of the candidate learning experience, and to improve the chances of successful and timely completion.”
Professor Stan Taylor, Chair of the UKCGE’s Research Supervisors Network and Supervising Doctoral Studies Advisory Board Member
Pre-programme Diagnostic Tool
Your experience and priorities for development
Introduction: The Doctoral Context
Attracting and selecting doctoral applicants
Research cultures and environments
Managing expectations, responsibilities and relationships
Planning and conducting research
Developing the researcher and enabling progress
Doctoral writing and effective feedback
Supporting your candidate
Preparing for completion and examination
Developing your supervisory practice
How to access the course
To access the course you will first need to set up an account.
- Go to this link: https://courses.epigeum.com/
- Click on the user menu in the top-right corner and then on “Register" and complete the form.
- IMPORTANT – you must register with your University of Bath email.
- The token is 815a1532.
- After you have clicked ‘Register’, an activation link will be sent to the e-mail address you have entered. If you do not receive the link, then please check your SPAM mail.
- Once you have activated the account, you will be directed to the Login page where you can log in using the Username and Password that you selected. The programme will then be visible and accessible.
Back to Supporting Supervisors home page