A full programme of development activities is available to all research staff, technicians and professional service colleagues who wish to engage further with their academic and professional development to enhance skills and knowledge related to learning, teaching and research.
Who should access the CLT Professional Development Programme?
The CLT Professional Development Programme is aimed to support all members of staff who:
- are interested in engaging further with their academic and professional development;
- already teach as part of their current role, or;
- are planning to teach in HE.
Benefits of accessing CLT Professional Development Programme
This comprehensive programme of resources and activities can help you:
- develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in blended modes of teaching;
- develop your digital skills in this area through guidance and hands-on experience;
- develop your career through the delivery of high-quality learning, teaching and research management;
- connect with your colleagues in a community of learning and teaching.
How will CLT Professional Development Programme be delivered?
The CLT Professional Development Programme includes a comprehensive programme of sessions, which can be selected according to your individual development needs. They are championed by the Centre for Learning & Teaching and delivered in partnership with other professional service departments, including Research Innovation Services, the Library, the Careers Service, and Workforce Development.
Sessions will be delivered using a blended approach. This will include: preparatory tasks and pre-reading using resources accessed via Moodle and the CLT Hub, and synchronous activities, which will take place in person or by using Teams or Zoom.
All core sessions and most choice sessions of the programme will run twice a year. They will be published in advance to help you plan.
Other activities will include the Talk Teaching series of panel events, masterclasses and Lunchtime Hubs and will be added throughout the academic year.
All CLT Professional Development Programme sessions are listed in a one-stop shop summary, and can be booked via the CLT Hub.
Not sure which sessions are appropriate for your development requirements? Contact email@example.com for support.
CLT Professional Development Programme booking
Can't see an activity or resource that you think would help you support your professional development as a teacher or researcher? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.