University of Bath staff can gain recognition of their teaching practice through our accredited scheme with Advance HE, which allows us to award HEA fellowships. This is called Pathways to HEA Fellowships, or PHEAF.
All the information required to make a claim for fellowship can be found in our handbook.
The following videos will introduce you to the types of HEA Fellowships, the UKPSF and what you need to do to make a claim.
Essential background information for all
- What is PHEAF? (2:42 mins)
- What is the UKPSF? version 1 with low audio volume (1:44 mins)
- What is the UKPSF? version 2 with slightly enhanced audio (1:44 mins)
- What is the UKPSF? Which Descriptor? (4:18 mins)
- Dimensions of the UKPSF (8:38 mins)
Overviews of the descriptors
- What is reflective practice? Why should we do it? (3:18 mins)
- What is reflective practice? How does it work? (5:44 mins)
- What is reflective practice? How can we use evidence? (6:29 mins)
Resources for developing your claim
The UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF)
101 ways to align your teaching to the UKPSF
Reflecting on Practice
Reflecting on A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5
How to write reflectively
- Writing Reflectively
- Using evidence to make your claim
- How to find Education Literature using ERIC
- Finding useful education literature [10.11]
- Using the education literature in your claim [8.48]