As a busy academic do you feel like you never have enough time to get to your research, particularly the writing part? And that other things like students, administration, committees, emails, project management etc demand all your time? This workshop shows you how to guarantee you spend high quality time on your research outputs. It covers prioritising, goal setting and managing competing demands in a university context. If you want to increase your research output without compromising your work/life balance, then this workshop is for you. Key aspects of this workshop have featured in the journal Nature.
This workshop will show you how to:
- take control of your time
- stop procrastinating and stay motivated
- avoid distractions
- say NO (and understand why it is so hard to do so)
- balance competing demands
- manage email and paperwork
- work the slightly less hard way
- think more realistically about your research productivity
Date(s) - 02/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Main Campus (1W 2.102)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Hugh Kearns Course Code: RSTSR Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: D - Engagement, Influence and Impact Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.