You must have attended ‘Introduction to Project Planning’ before attending this course
This course is highly recommended for research staff who want to gain more in-depth knowledge of project management
These places are only available for staff. If you are a PhD student, please register for this course via the Doctoral Skills Moodle.
This online training course provides participants with tools and techniques to proactively identify and respond to risks within their own project environment. Uncertainty is inherent in any type of project, particularly so within research, making it difficult to plan. This uncertainty is called risk.
This webinar focuses on considering and addressing risks and uncertainty at the very initial planning stages and using all of the Project Planning artefacts (introduced in other webinars) as methods of identifying potential threats or opportunities. It also introduces new techniques to unearth problems proactively in advance of them occurring
By the end of this webinar participants will have:
• Learned various techniques for identifying sources of potential issues and risks in their projects
• Understood what makes a well-formatted risk
• Considered methods for assessing the likelihood and impact of project risks
• Learned methods for dealing with unacceptable risks proactively
• Been shown how to calculate and integrate contingency into their plans for acceptable risks
• Applied the techniques shown to a risk register for their own project
This is the second required module for individuals who wish to become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®). More information can be found here.
Additional modules include ‘Introduction to Project Planning (prerequisite)’, ‘Advanced Project Management’, and ‘CAPM Preparation’. Search for these courses on the Teaching Hub to register your attendance.
Prerequisite(s): Webinar – Introduction to Project Planning
Date(s) - 27/01/2021
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: Dr Amy Birch Course Code: RDP-008 Topic: Project management Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: C2, B3 Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.