This session will help you meet the particular challenges of working with sensitive data: obtaining informed consent, keeping data confidential, meeting ethical and contractual requirements, and setting up restricted data sharing both during and after your project.
After the workshop you will be able to
- understand the legal and ethical frameworks for sensitive data
- cover the relevant data issues when wording your consent forms
- keep data secure from unauthorised access
- share sensitive data securely with other researchers
- anonymise data to allow it to be shared more widely
- ask the right people for help with sensitive data issues
Date(s) - 17/01/2019
11:15 am - 1:05 pm
Main Campus (6E 2.2)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Alison Nightingale - Library Course Code: RSRDMSD Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.