This course builds on Project management – An introduction to offer a more in-depth and hands-on experience. It is designed to help you integrate previous project-management training and techniques.
We will use applied learning to further embed project management skills and knowledge with reference to the Project Management Institute.
During this one-day course, you will:
- Follow a case study from initial conception through to full project initiation and implementation using practical, group-based exercises to apply learning to ‘real world’ situations and requests
- Practice more advanced work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path and PERT analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
- Demonstrate planning a project from initiation to completion
- Manage and adapt the plan to meet challenging requests in terms of scope creep, resource change, change requests, and cost/budget challenges
- Understand the impact of human “utility” on project planning and management
- Learn techniques to identify risks, quantitatively and qualitatively assess probability and impact and use a 5-point assessment matrix to categorise risk and then undertake a proactive, detailed risk analysis of the case study by following a rigorous and robust risk management process
- Be able to calculate and justify EMV and project contingency
This is the second of three workshops preparing you to become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). If you wish to achieve this qualification you must attend all three workshops (Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced) – although you may have attended one or more in previous years. In addition, there is also a mandatory one-day session to prepare you for taking the qualification.
Date(s) - 28/02/2018
9:15 am - 4:05 pm
Main Campus (CB 4.1)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMINT Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: B - Personal Effectiveness Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
This event is fully booked.