This workshop is for staff in the education & Research job family. If you are a Doctoral Student interested in project management training please look at the DoctoralSkills Training .
This course builds on Project management – An introduction to offer a more in-depth and hands-on experience. It is designed to help you integrate previous project-management training and techniques.
We will use applied learning to further embed project management skills and knowledge with reference to the Project Management Institute.
During this one-day course, you will:
- Follow a case study from initial conception through to full project initiation and implementation using practical, group-based exercises to apply learning to ‘real world’ situations and requests
- Practice more advanced work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path and PERT analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
- Demonstrate planning a project from initiation to completion
- Manage and adapt the plan to meet challenging requests in terms of scope creep, resource change, change requests, and cost/budget challenges
- Understand the impact of human “utility” on project planning and management
- Learn techniques to identify risks, quantitatively and qualitatively assess probability and impact and use a 5-point assessment matrix to categorise risk and then undertake a proactive, detailed risk analysis of the case study by following a rigorous and robust risk management process
- Be able to calculate and justify EMV and project contingency
Would you like to become a Certified Associate in Project Management?
Attending all project management workshops we offer allows you become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). To be able to take the exam to achieve this qualification you must attend all four workshops (Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced) – although you may have attended one or more in previous years. And there is also a one-day session to prepare you for taking the qualification.
You will then be responsible for signing up to the exam and paying for this yourself. The exam cost is circa £230 ($300). There are two ways to take the exam: In a test centre (the nearest is on Kingsmead Square in Bath) or online.
Taking the exam is not mandatory. You are very welcome to attend the project management workshops without taking the qualification.
Date(s) - 31/10/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (1W 2.102)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMINT Topic: UKPSF: All Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: All RDF: B - Personal Effectiveness Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
This event is fully booked.