This course provides revision of the project management tools and techniques necessary to pass the CAPM examination. It will touch on the necessary background theory required for the exam, however it will focus on the techniques required to score highly in the 150 multiple choice question format. You will gain valuable skills in answering CAPM-style questions by experiencing sample exams. Pre-course revision of chapters 1-3 of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is strongly encouraged.
During this 1-day course, you will:
- Understand the structure of the PMBOK Guide including the 5 Process Groups, the 10 Knowledge Areas, the 47 Processes and the relationships between them
- Learn the importance of the Initiating and Closing Processes
- Be aware of the iterative nature of the Planning, Executing and Monitoring & Controlling Processes
- Learn techniques to easily solve the guaranteed Earned Value questions
- Cover the PMI terminology required to pass the exam
- Sit three sample examinations
- Learn how to identify the “gotcha” answers in the multiple choice questions
- Complete a computer-based sample exam
- Learn when and how to schedule Final Exam, exam format, and tips for “on the day”
Please note: In order to attend this course, you must previously have attended Project Management – An Introduction, Project Management – Intermediate, and Project Management – Advanced.
Date(s) - 11/05/2018
9:15 am - 4:05 pm
Main Campus (CB 3.16)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMQP Topic: UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
This event is fully booked.