This workshop is for staff in the education & Research job family. If you are a Doctoral Student interested in project management training please look at the DoctoralSkills Training .
This course provides revision of the project management tools and techniques necessary to pass the CAPM examination. It will touch on the necessary background theory required for the exam, however it will focus on the techniques required to score highly in the 150 multiple choice question format. You will gain valuable skills in answering CAPM-style questions by experiencing sample exams. Pre-course revision of chapters 1-3 of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is strongly encouraged.
During this 1-day course, you will:
- Understand the structure of the PMBOK Guide including the 5 Process Groups, the 10 Knowledge Areas, the 47 Processes and the relationships between them
- Learn the importance of the Initiating and Closing Processes
- Be aware of the iterative nature of the Planning, Executing and Monitoring & Controlling Processes
- Learn techniques to easily solve the guaranteed Earned Value questions
- Cover the PMI terminology required to pass the exam
- Sit three sample examinations
- Learn how to identify the “gotcha” answers in the multiple choice questions
- Complete a computer-based sample exam
- Learn when and how to schedule Final Exam, exam format, and tips for “on the day”
Would you like to become a Certified Associate in Project Management?
Attending all project management workshops we offer allows you become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). To be able to take the exam to achieve this qualification you must attend all four workshops (Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced) – although you may have attended one or more in previous years. And there is also a one-day session to prepare you for taking the qualification.
You will then be responsible for signing up to the exam and paying for this yourself. The exam cost is circa £230 ($300). There are two ways to take the exam: In a test centre (the nearest is on Kingsmead Square in Bath) or online.
Taking the exam is not mandatory. You are very welcome to attend the project management workshops without taking the qualification.
Date(s) - 07/01/2020
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (1W 2.103)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMQP Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.