This workshop is for staff in the education & Research job family. If you are a Doctoral Student interested in project management training please look at the Doctoral Skills Training.
An introduction to the project-management process and the tools used to plan and track progress.
This course is intended to be immediately applicable to academic/research projects as well as commercial projects. We will cover the theory and principles of project management within the context of the Project Management Institute.
During this one-day course, you will:
- Learn the basics of the project planning process and receive a set of checklists and guidelines that you can use immediately on any project
- Appreciate the fundamental principles of a well-led and well directed project, such as identifying and scheduling tasks, activities, milestones and understanding and managing stakeholders
- Be aware of the critical factors that will influence whether a project will be successful or not, including identifying and managing risk
- Use practical, group-based exercises to reinforce and enhance the skills learned
- Create work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
Would you like to become a Certified Associate in Project Management?
Attending all project management workshops we offer allows you become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). To be able to take the exam to achieve this qualification you must attend all four workshops (Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced) – although you may have attended one or more in previous years. And there is also a one-day session to prepare you for taking the qualification.
You will then be responsible for signing up to the exam and paying for this yourself. The exam cost is circa £230 ($300). There are two ways to take the exam: In a test centre (the nearest is on Kingsmead Square in Bath) or online.
Taking the exam is not mandatory. You are very welcome to attend the project management workshops without taking the qualification.
Date(s) - 30/10/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (8W 2.4)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMI Topic: UKPSF: All Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: All RDF: B - Personal Effectiveness Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
This event is fully booked.