This workshop is for staff in the education & Research job family. If you are a Doctoral Student interested in project management training please look at the DoctoralSkills Training .
This course builds on Project management – Intermediate and introduces techniques for dealing with complex and ill-defined projects.
You will learn how to prioritise multiple projects, how to allocate work and how to predict likely outcomes.
Please note: you must have attended Project management – An introduction and Project management – Intermediate before attending this course.
During this 1-day course, you will:
- Learn about planning effective communication in a complex and collaborative environment
- Understand running projects within different organisational structures, particularly within common matrix structures
- Be aware of project quality and avoiding “gold plating”
- Explore how to successfully manage change in a project environment including prioritising multiple projects and establishing the project slate
- Be introduced to Agile project management methodologies
- Learn to employ Earned Value Analysis (EVA) to track and forecast project progress
Would you like to become a Certified Associate in Project Management?
Attending all project management workshops we offer allows you become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). To be able to take the exam to achieve this qualification you must attend all four workshops (Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced) – although you may have attended one or more in previous years. And there is also a one-day session to prepare you for taking the qualification.
You will then be responsible for signing up to the exam and paying for this yourself. The exam cost is circa £230 ($300). There are two ways to take the exam: In a test centre (the nearest is on Kingsmead Square in Bath) or online.
Taking the exam is not mandatory. You are very welcome to attend the project management workshops without taking the qualification.
Date(s) - 28/11/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (1W 2.102)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Bartholomew - Fistral Training Course Code: RSPMA Topic: UKPSF: All Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: All RDF: B - Personal Effectiveness Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
This event is fully booked.