This workshop will present contextualised case studies of groupwork practice and design principles alongside demonstrations of learning technologies. Through supported practical activities, staff will be able to explore ways of supporting and facilitating group work. The session will consider the integration of groupwork into curriculum transformation work on assessment design and inclusivity.
The session will be structured around the following themes:
- Case Studies: Short presentations from current staff case studies followed by Q&A
- How to set up/allocate group work: Design principles & practical activity
- How to support group process: Strategies for inclusivity & supported demonstration
- How to assess groups: CT and assessment & demonstration of TEL tools
A record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Highly recommended for: All teaching staff
Mode of delivery: F2F.Online Synchronous session
Preparatory work or pre-session expectations (optional): Case studies blogs to be emailed to participants
Key Resources : Slide deck, padlets, breakout rooms, TEL demos
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Identify key issues and strategies to support inclusivity in groupwork.
- Apply practical TEL interventions to enable and support groupwork.
- Develop a teaching toolkit to enable a variety of assessment strategies, e.g. peer assessment and group assessment.
Date(s) - 12/01/2022
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: CD / TEL Course Code: OPTION-207-Supporting Groupwork Topic: Supporting Groupwork UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: Support the needs of all learners Bath Blend: Scaffolding Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Staff who teach
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.