Highly recommended for: researchers who would like an introduction to the process of managing research projects
Please note, this session is the first in Fistral’s four-part Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Programme. Once you have attended this, you will be given the dates and times of the next sessions if you wish complete the full programme.
This online training session compacts three Project Planning webinars to provide a high level overview of key Project Management techniques and concepts in one day. It offers an introduction to the process of managing projects and the tools to assist in planning and tracking progress. This course is intended to be immediately applicable to planning and managing academic and research projects as well as commercial projects. It covers the theory and principles of project management within the context of the Project Management Institute.
During this online course participants will:
• Learn the basics of the project planning process and receive a set of checklists and guidelines that can be used immediately on any project
• Appreciate the fundamental principles of a well-led and well directed project, such as identifying and scheduling tasks, activities, milestones and understanding and managing stakeholders
• Be aware of the critical factors that will influence project success
• Use practical exercises to reinforce and enhance the skills learned
• Create work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
This workshop will be delivered on Zoom. A url will be sent in a calendar invite 5 working days in advance.
This session is managed by Researcher Development, contact email@example.com with any queries.
A record of your attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do not wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent
Date(s) - 25/02/2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event Speaker/Organiser: Fistral Course Code: RDP-Fistral-002 Topic: Project management UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: C2 Target Audience: Staff who research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.