Of interest to: staff and students.
The University supports EndNote Online and EndNote Desktop software for reference management. They can be used together or independently. This session will specifically focus on the basics of using EndNote Online. The activity will take you through registration for the service, saving and storing references from databases, the Library catalogue, and other tools e.g., Google Scholar, as well as citing while you write in Word using your preferred referencing style.
By the end of this session, you will:
- understand how EndNote Online can help you to both save time and be more consistent in your referencing;
- have stored a number of references using EndNote;
- know how to set up your Cite While You Write EndNote ribbon to access EndNote Online in Word:
- learn how citations and reference lists are formatted;
- inserted and delete citations into a Word document;
- be aware of how to edit and manage your in-text citations;
- be able to prepare your document for final edit and print.
If you would like to leave feedback on this session, please go to Information Skills For Researchers: Library Feedback Survey 2022-23. Thank you.
Date(s) - 03/04/2023
10:15 am - 12:05 pm
Main Campus (Library L1 Training Room)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Stacey, Faculty Librarian and Tom Rogers, Subject Librarian Course Code: RP00604 Topic: EndNote Online, Reference Management UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: A1 Target Audience: All Staff (Academic/Professional Services)
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Log in if you already have an account with us.