This event is of interest to: Staff who use Moodle with new cohorts
In this session we will describe/demo the tasks to undertake in Moodle, in preparation for a new Semester or Cohort. This will involve checking backups, content, enrolments, and refreshing activities and groups (where appropriate).
- Understand the timeline for Moodle events (course creation / auto (un)enrolment)
- Hide/show content (course / topics / activities)
- Check a backup/archive exists
- Check enrolments and update if necessary (self or manual enrolments / staff Teacher+)
- Reset activities (forums / quizzes)
- Redo activities (assignments, adding students to relevant groups, Zoom meetings)
- Panopto housekeeping (so that the block in Moodle and any video embeds in a Moodle page are visible to the new cohort)
- Update EUI block – tag assessments, check library lists
- Check URLs are still ‘live’ and work
- Update your content (where appropriate) and delete any unnecessary content
- Check the accessibility of your course (Blackboard Ally) and fix issues (where possible).
A record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Date(s) - 09/09/2021
11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Event Speaker/Organiser: Yvonne Moore Course Code: OPTION 302 Topic: Moodle housekeeping UKPSF: A4 Curriculum Transformation: Support the needs of all learners Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: All Staff (Academic/Professional Services)
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal