This event is of interest to: Staff who use Moodle with new cohorts
In this session we will provide an overview of the tasks to undertake in Moodle, in preparation for a new Semester or Cohort. This will consider checking backups, content, enrolments, and refreshing activities and groups (where appropriate). The session will involve a presentation and demonstration, and will aim to cover:
- The timeline for Moodle automatic events (course creation / auto (un)enrolment)
- Hiding/showing content (course / topics / activities)
- Checking a backup/archive exists
- Checking enrolments and updating if necessary (self or manual enrolments / staff Teacher+)
- Reseting activities (forums / quizzes)
- Redoing activities (assignments, adding students to relevant groups, Zoom meetings)
- Panopto housekeeping (so that the block in Moodle and any video embeds in a Moodle page are visible to the new cohort)
- Updating the EUI block – tag assessments, check library lists
- Checking URLs are still ‘live’ and work
- Updating your content (where appropriate) and deleting any unnecessary content
- Checking the accessibility of your course (Blackboard Ally) and fix issues (where possible).
The session is scheduled from 14:15 to 15:15. After the main session, members of the TEL team will be available until 16:00 for personalised support, where you can request supported follow-up on any of the points covered in the session via a breakout room.
A record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Date(s) - 20/01/2022
2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
Event Speaker/Organiser: Yvonne Moore Course Code: OPTION 302 Topic: Moodle housekeeping UKPSF: A4 Curriculum Transformation: Support the needs of all learners Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: All Staff (Academic/Professional Services)
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.