Digimap is an online map and data delivery service run by EDINA at the University of Edinburgh. Digimap enables you to access, draw, print and download digital map data from current and historic UK collections. Our subscription also includes land cover, geological, marine and aerial maps, plus Lidar data.
Through Digimap you can access and draw maps to different scales, and download geospatial data to reuse in other software packages e.g. CAD and GIS software. This session will be an introduction to the different functions and services available from Digimap.
Other online map products are available and the session will also compare and contrast Digimap with JISC Geospatial Data, a new competitor product also available at our institution.
After attending this workshop, you will:
- be registered with and know how to access Digimap from any location
- understand the different mapping functions available from Digimap
- be able to produce, annotate, save and print a ‘local’ map from Digimap
- be able to set up data download requests from Digimap
- be aware of JISC Geospatial data and how to access this service online
- understand the differences between Digimap and JISC Geospatial data
- know where to go for further advice and information on these services
Date(s) - 20/04/2020
10:15 am - 12:05 pm
Main Campus (Library L1 Training Room)
Event Speaker/Organiser: David Stacey Course Code: RP00233 Topic: Information skills Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: Target Audience: All
Download ical file iCal