MHFA Lite is a 3 hour introductory mental health awareness course that will help equip you in this area. The aims and objectives of the
Enabling participants to:
- gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects business
- work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
By the end of the course participants will be able to
- identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- define mental health & some mental health problems
- relate to people’s experiences
- help support people with mental health problems
- begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- look after their own mental health
The course also introduces ALGEE – a unique memory tool for conducting mental health first aid.
The course is delivered by Approved MHFA Instructors who have completed a seven day programme accredited by the Royal Society for
Public Health. All participants receive a certificate of attendance and manual
Date(s) - 31/01/2018
9:15 am - 12:15 pm
Main Campus (CB 4.7)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Julie Castleman Course Code: RSMHFA Topic: B – Personal Effectiveness Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: Target Audience: Staff who Teach and Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.