Please note that this workshop focuses on research based scenarios and is only available to those in Research roles.
Even in the internet age, broadcast interviews still have the greatest exposure and importance. Good interaction with the media is becoming ever more important for researchers, with the emphasis on impact in the REF.
This course will build your confidence in giving radio and TV interviews, and explaining your research to a non-specialist audience in a limited time. Learning how to get your points over clearly and concisely are skills that will stand you in good stead for other career situations like conferences and public debates.
After attending this course, you will:
- Understand how the media works
- Know how to present your research as a ‘media-friendly’ story
- Understand the specifics of radio and TV interviews
- Understand how to create a broadcast “sound bite”
- Master techniques for taking control of a broadcast interview and for answering difficult or hostile questions
- Have increased confidence in giving interviews to radio and TV
Date(s) - 26/03/2019
9:15 am - 5:00 pm
Main Campus (CB 5.7)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Course Code: Topic: UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: All
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.