This course is only open to Research Assistants, Associates, Technicians, and Fellows
Please contact Dr Amy Birch <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you have any questions about eligibility
Leadership in Action is an intensive experiential Leadership Programme designed to prepare researchers for leadership in their chosen research field, or within the wider community.
Moving to an online format for 2021 – Leadership in Action will be run over 3 weeks, with 9 x 2.5 hour sessions. You must commit to all 9 sessions to attend.
09:30-12:00 | Mon-Wed | January 11-13th 2021
09:30-12:00 | Mon-Wed | January 18-20th 2021
09:30-12:00 | Mon-Wed | January 25-27th 2021
This programme will cover:
- Practical, experiential learning
- A chance for all participants to lead a group project
- Support and feedback on your leadership style from expert coaches
- Use of the Resilient Leaders Development Programme to assess your own leadership strengths and areas for development
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Build confidence in your leadership style
- Give yourself more choices in how you lead
- Understand the impact you have on those you are leading
- Influence people towards a common goal
- Identify how these skills can benefit you in your current research role and beyond
What previous participants have said about Leadership in Action
“The course is unique in allowing you to practically exercise your skills but also reflect on what you did well and what you could improve. The Resilient Leaders framework is also an extremely useful tool to improve your leadership skills.”
“The feedback process was very supportive, safe and quite effective and all rounded with the leader receiving feedback from team mates and the coach.”
There are limited places available so you must fill out this application form to attend this course
Deadline for applications: 16:00 | 25th November 2020.
You will be notified if your application was successful on 30th November 2020.
Date(s) - 11/01/2021
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: Course Code: Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: B, D Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal