An introduction to the new Urkund plagiarism detection tool that has replaced Turnitin at the University. Urkund is an online text-matching service which checks electronic, text-based submissions against a large database of material (including journal articles, websites and other student submissions) and produces a scored originality report for each piece of work.
This introductory workshop will cover:
- Introduction to Urkund
- Using Urkund in Moodle
- Viewing Urkund similarity scores and reports
- Useful Urkund features
The session may be of interest to staff who:
- Have previously used Turnitin and are unsure how Urkund works
- Are preparing to start using Moodle assignments
- Already use Moodle for assignments but want to know how Urkund works
- Are supporting academic staff who use Moodle for assignment submissions
The session will also briefly signpost additional academic integrity considerations and support available at the University.
If this workshop is full and you are interested in attending, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to a waiting list.
Date(s) - 17/09/2019
11:15 am - 12:05 pm
Main Campus (1WN 3.11)
Event Speaker/Organiser: TEL Team Course Code: Topic: UKPSF: All Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: Information Literacy RDF: N/A Target Audience: All
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.