This workshop will introduce you to the open-source R language and RStudio platform for descriptive statistical analysis. We will start with explaining the basics of importing data into R and writing an R script and then use the functionalities to undertake some basic descriptive statistics such as calculating means, medians, standard deviation, and apply hypothesis testing methods (t-test and chi-square).
Prerequisites: No prior programming knowledge or use of RStudio is required for this course, but you do need to be familiar with commonly used descriptive and summary statistics. The workshop aims to familiarize you with the application of R for basic statistics. However, it is not designed to teach the background, theory, or application of the statistics themselves.
Learning outcomes: By the end of this workshop you will know:
– how to get started with RStudio and writing R scripts
– the meaning of terms commonly used in R
– how to import and export your own data
– how to use R to use descriptive and summary statistics on a quantitative dataset
– how to use R to conduct chi-square tests and t-tests
Date(s) - 26/03/2020
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Main Campus (Library L1 Training Room)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Course Code: Topic: Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: Target Audience: All
Download ical file iCal