This course is highly recommended for all research staff, particularly those who have project management responsibilities
These places are only available for staff. If you are a PhD student, please register for this course via the Doctoral Skills Moodle.
This online training session compacts three Project Planning webinars to provide a high level overview of key PM techniques and concepts in one day. It offers an introduction to the process of managing projects and the tools to assist in planning and tracking progress.
This course is intended to be immediately applicable to planning and managing academic and research projects as well as commercial projects. It covers the theory and principles of project management within the context of the Project Management Institute.
During this online course participants will:
• Learn the basics of the project planning process and receive a set of checklists and guidelines that can be used immediately on any project
• Appreciate the fundamental principles of a well-led and well directed project, such as identifying and scheduling tasks, activities, milestones and understanding and managing stakeholders
• Be aware of the critical factors that will influence project success
• Use practical exercises to reinforce and enhance the skills learned
• Create work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path analysis, Gantt charts and other techniques that ensure robust project control
This is the first required module for individuals who wish to become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®). More information can be found here.
Additional modules include ‘Risk Management’, ‘Advanced Project Management’, and ‘CAPM Preparation’. Search for these courses on the Teaching Hub to register your attendance.
Date(s) - 11/12/2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: Dr Amy Birch Course Code: RDP-007 Topic: Project Management Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: C2, B3 Target Audience: Staff who Research
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
This event is fully booked.