Probationers: Core Session and mandatory – must be attended before any other sessions (priority will be offered to probationers, if the session proves very popular).
Highly recommended for: This is mandatory for anyone wishing to apply for HEA fellowship
This 3 hour session is offered twice a year.
First 1½ hours (09:30 – 11:00)
001. All – in this session you will be introduced to:
- the UKPSF: the dimensions and the descriptors
- the application, submission and review process
- reflective practice and reflective writing
- how you can use evidence to support your application
Second 1½ hours (11:15 – 12:45): split into groups (probationers/non-probationers)
001a. Probationers – the next part of the session introduces and supports you in defining your pathway of development opportunities. Your pathway will comprise a number of core and choice sessions that help you both develop your practice as a new lecturer as well as make links to the UKPSF.
In this session, we explore the options through activities and discussions in order to start to plan your pathway. We inform you of other requirements of your probation, what evidence is necessary to include in your application and the types of ways you can have your practice authenticated (see Table 3, Section 2). This is something we return to at each core session and tutorial. Depending on the type and length of contact you are supported in achieving either HEA Associate Fellow or HEA Fellow and these are explained in detail during this session.
001b. Non-probationers –
This session is for you if you:
- are teaching and supporting learning and have enough experience to make a claim for HEA Associate Fellow or Fellow (see pen portraits and FAQs on the CLT Hub);
- want to get your application started.
This session follows on from 001 & will provide the opportunity to:
- explore how your teaching and learning practice aligns with the dimensions and descriptors;
- consider the breadth of evidence you can use to support your application;
- discuss how your practice can be authenticated.
001c. Probationers – Lecturers (Research and Teaching) only – introduction to Research Management 14:00 – 14:30
Joining instructions and any pre-course work will be sent a week before delivery of the session.
Date(s) - 29/09/2021
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: ASD Course Code: APDaS001-2021-22 Topic: Introduction to Fellowship UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Probationers
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.