Probationers: Core Session and mandatory for those on a Research and Teaching contract (priority will be offered to probationers, if the session proves very popular).
Highly recommended for: Research staff who wish to know more about these topics
This session will introduce you to some key support services available for you at Bath and considerations for managing your research projects as you embark on your research career. It will cover useful information about the research ethics and integrity processes, how to store your research data create a data management plan, and how to manage your publications and publication profile.
After this session, participants should be able to:
- Know where to find open access datasets to use in their research
- Identify when they need to write a data management plan
- Be aware of the University provisions for the storage for research data and know where to seek help if they need it
- Consider strategically where to publish their research
- Be aware of options for making their publications open access
- Present their publishing strengths using appropriate metrics
- Understand research governance at Bath – who is who
- Consider research integrity, including trusted research
- Follow the research ethics process
- Consider open research
Joining instructions and any pre course work will be sent out one week before delivery of the session.
Please note: for those not on probation, a record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
This course is run by Research and Innovation Services. Any queries, contact email@example.com
Date(s) - 10/05/2023
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Main Campus (CB 5.12)
Event Speaker/Organiser: RIS/AB/KE Course Code: PHEAF010-2022-3 Topic: managing and publicising your research UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Staff who research
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.