Probationers: Core Session and mandatory for probationers on a teaching and research contract (not for those on a teaching only contract)(priority will be offered to probationers, if the session proves very popular)
Highly recommended for: All who are new to doctoral supervision
This is the mandatory training for all who do doctoral supervision (as QA7).
This session will offer the opportunity to consider some of the issues and challenges of a doctorate supervision and offer a number of tips and things to try for different parts of the doctoral supervision process.
Activities may include
- Sharing concerns, challenges and good ideas
- Considering our expectations of ourselves and our students
- Reading QA7 (so you know what it says!)
Participants will be able to:
- Find relevant regulations regarding doctoral supervision
- Factor the importance of clear expectations and clear communication into their practice
- Try out new ideas from shared practice
- Reflect on how they wish to develop as a supervisor
Joining instructions and any pre course work will be sent out one week before delivery of the session.
Please note: for those not on probation, a record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Date(s) - 11/05/2023
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (CB 5.12)
Event Speaker/Organiser: RIS/ASD Course Code: PHEAF009-2022-3 Topic: Doctoral Supervision UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Doctoral Student supervisors
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.