Probationers: Core Session and mandatory (priority will be offered to probationers, if the session proves very popular).
Highly recommended for: those new to HE sector/University of Bath
Of interest to: those new to HE sector/University of Bath
In this session we will consider the wider context of HE teaching both within our University and externally, and consider the key political, economic and international changes since the 1997 Dearing report that influence HE today. We will also look at the national standards and regulation for HE, (QAA requirements for design and assessment, benchmark statements), National bodies regulating and influencing HE e.g. UUK, AdvanceHE, Office For Students national surveys, league tables and TEF). We will consider the wider context of our practice and learning environments within University of Bath strategic frameworks, professional accreditation, graduate vocational and discipline requirements
Activities will include:
- A quiz about the university and UK HE
- An activity/discussion using the preparation work for the session
- An activity/discussion on how the wider context relates to your teaching context
and deciding which wider factors influence your teaching choices
- Guidance will be given on finding ways to incorporate these wider factors into a FHEA claim
- Be aware of political, economic and international drivers influencing UK HE sector, our teaching practice and learning environments
- Be aware of national bodies influencing and regulating HE sector
- Be able to identify institutional strategic aims for alignment of practice
- Be able to identify professional (accreditation) and discipline frameworks that influence and determine curriculum content and learning environments
Joining instructions and any pre course work will be sent out one week before delivery of the session.
Please note: for those not on probation, a record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Date(s) - 02/11/2022
1:30 pm - 4:05 pm
Main Campus (CB 5.12)
Event Speaker/Organiser: ASD/CP Course Code: PHEAF007-2022-3 Topic: Wider Context of UK HE UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: All Staff (Academic/Professional Services)
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.