Probationers: Core and mandatory (priority will be offered to probationers, if the session proves very popular).
Highly recommended for: All who are planning to make a claim for fellowship who would like support with collecting appropriate evidence and structuring reflective writing.
Of interest to: All who wish to reflect on an aspect of their teaching practice due to changing times!
This session will introduce:
- What reflective practice is and why it is useful
- How to use evidence to support your reflection and your claim for fellowship
- How to structure reflective writing
This session will include activities such as
- Choosing what to reflect on
- Using questions to structure your own reflection
- Working out what evidence will support your reflection
Participants will be able to:
- Ask constructive reflective questions
- Chose appropriate evidence to support their reflection
- Structure their fellowship claim to show reflection.
Joining instructions and pre-course work will be sent one week before delivery of the session.
If you are required to do this workshop and cannot make the F2F session because you do not work that day or need to work remotely, there is an option to do an asynchronous option that will run from this date for 3 weeks. We will require you to watch some videos online, create a small piece of reflective writing and meet with a peer to collaborate on a plan for collecting evidence. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you require this option.
Please note: for those not on probation, a record of attendance will be uploaded to iTrent for staff development purposes. Please indicate in the ‘Specific Requirements’ box when booking if you do NOT wish for your attendance to be uploaded to iTrent.
Date(s) - 19/10/2022
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (CB 5.12)
Event Speaker/Organiser: ASD/HRC Course Code: PHEAF003-2022-3 Topic: Reflective Practice UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: N/A Bath Blend: N/A Digital Capability: N/A RDF: N/A Target Audience: Probationers
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.