You must have attended the ‘Introduction to Project Planning’, ‘Risk Management’, and ‘Advanced Project Management’ workshops to register for this session
These places are only available for staff. If you are a PhD student, please register for this course via the Doctoral Skills Moodle.
This course is a revision of the project management tools and techniques necessary to pass the Certified Associated in Project Management (CAPM) examination. It will touch on the necessary background theory required for the exam, however it will focus on the techniques required to score highly in the 150 multiple choice question format. The student will gain valuable skills in answering CAPM-style questions by experiencing sample exams.
Pre-course revision of chapters 1-3 of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is strongly encouraged.
During this 1-day webinar participants will:
• Understand the structure of the PMBOK Guide including the 5 Process Groups, the 10 Knowledge Areas, the 47 Processes and the relationships between them
• Learn the importance of the Initiating and Closing Processes
• Be aware of the iterative nature of the Planning, Executing and Monitoring & Controlling Processes
• Learn techniques to easily solve the guaranteed Earned Value questions
• Cover the PMI terminology required to pass the exam
• Sit sample CAPM examinations
• Learn when and how to schedule Final Exam, exam format, and tips for “on the day”
This is the fourth required module for individuals who wish to become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®). More information can be found here.
Additional modules include ‘Introduction to Project Planning’ (prerequisite), ‘Risk Management’ (prerequisite), and ‘Advanced Project Management’ (prerequisite). Search for these courses on the Teaching Hub to register your attendance.
Prerequisite(s): Introduction to Project Planning, Risk Management, and Advanced Project Management
Date(s) - 22/03/2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Not applicable – WEBINAR
Event Speaker/Organiser: Dr Amy Birch Course Code: RDP-010 Topic: Project management Digital Capability: All UKPSF: All RDF: B3, C2, C3 Target Audience: All
Download ical file iCal
Booking your Place!
Bookings are closed for this event.