Join us in person for our Bookdown away day at the University of Bath. Bookdown (and also ClavertonDown and Quarto) let you publish to a webpage from a markdown source and offers an accessible alternative to LaTeX: this includes accessible presentation of maths and allows the webpage to be altered for browsing preferences (dark mode, font size, small screen etc), as well as support for .pdf and .epub documents for offline use.
This day is aimed at both beginners, introducing them to the systems and their benefits (and weaknesses), as well as established uses who want to get ideas of new things they could do in their books or different ways of doing things.
The day will be split into morning and afternoon sessions, with a break for lunch and refreshments (provided).
The morning session will be case studies of people sharing practice that works: from getting started, to hints and tips on what people are actually doing. This includes:
- An introduction to Clavertondown
- Hosting resources on GitHub
- Hosting resources on a VLE (Moodle)
- Writing maths
- Desmos – Adding interactivity when using Bookdown or Clavertondown
- Incorporating iframes: videos, H5P, forms
- Conditional visibility of text
- Other user generated topics
If you feel you would like to contribute to the case study talks, please add this under Topics to contribute when you register.
The afternoon session will principally be hands on, putting into action some of what has inspired you in the morning and getting to network and chat with other users.
More information about the day
- A selection of resources generated during the day will be shared for later reference or if you cannot attend on the Creating Accessible Online Resources event page.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided – please provide any specific dietary requirements in the Specific Requirements when you register.
- If you are an external and the event appears full, we are prioritising University of Bath staff, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to the waiting list and we will get back to you quickly.
- For further details please contact: Dr Fiona Dickinson or Technology Enhanced Learning.
Date(s) - 06/09/2022
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Main Campus (4W 1.2)
Event Speaker/Organiser: Multiple Course Code: Topic: Digital Accessibility UKPSF: N/A Curriculum Transformation: Support the needs of all learners Bath Blend: Accessibility Digital Capability: Digital creation, problem solving & innovation RDF: N/A Target Audience: All Staff (Academic/Professional Services)
Download the iCal file to add this meeting to your Outlook calendar iCal
Book your place
Bookings are closed for this event.