Montly accessibility workshops via Zoom
Brickfield Education Labs offers digital accessibility workshops on alternated weeks every month. It is a series of four online sessions, each of one hour and delivered via Zoom. Each workshop provides essential knowledge and practical skills for creating different types of digitally accessible content and resources.
- Introduction to digital accessibility: This session provides foundational knowledge in disabilities and digital accessibility. Some of the topics include areisability and accessibility concepts, the broad usefulness of accessible content and a look at accessibility in general for Moodle
- Web accessibility: Taking the concepts of digital accessibility and applying this specifically to building web content is important. These guidelines apply as much to content built in courses in Moodle as to content built in websites like WordPress.
- Accessibility in documents: Much of the content we create now involves multi-media. Videos, Podcasts, Audio files and images. This workshop brings attendees through the different considerations when creating the different media types.
- Accessibility for multimedia: A lot of material created by academic staff and provided to and used by students in online courses tend to be either MS Office or PDF files. This session will look at MS Word and PowerPoint and how to create better new documents and improve existing documents to provide a better experience for all users.
Book here with your institutional account, you will receive a confirmation email with an iCal invitation.
This interactive and engaging Moodle course designed and delivered by Brickfield Training Academy aim to teach participants fundamental concepts and strategies about digital accessibility. The course consist of four modules:
- Accessibility Foundations: You will be introduced to the basics of accessibility, the role of Assistive Technology, the concept of Universal Design for Learning and the legal framework that exists to aid people with disabilities.
- Web Accessibility: Learn how to integrate accessibility into all aspects of your content creation from Layout, Text, and Links to Tables, Images and Media.
- Media Accessibility: In this module explore accessible media elements. Whether in the format of video clips, podcasts or written articles, it offers teachers and students opportunities to reinforce concepts and promote more in-depth learning and interaction.
- Document Accessibility: In this module explore styles, formatting and other elements that make documents accessible. So, whether you are preparing a webpage, spreadsheet, presentation or uploading content to Moodle, following the guiding principles in this module will help you ensure accessibility when creating documents.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get enrolled on the course. Remember this course start the first week of each month
Updated on: 9 Dec 2022